ACE is Adult Community Education. Adult Community Education Centres may be called Community Learning Centres, Adult Education Centres, Neighbourhood Houses, Community Colleges, Libraries and Continuing Education Centres.
All of them offer a range of courses and programs to adults from all backgrounds and education levels. ACE is for everyone. Follow this link to find the ACE provider closest to your home.
ACE builds the skills, knowledge and abilities of Victorian communities by providing …
- Informal learning opportunities alongside formal learning pathways,
- Welcoming and accepting environments,
- Pedagogy that is flexible and learner-focussed,
- Programs driven by local needs,
- A diverse range of organisations which each reflect, nurture and are involved with their local communities,
- Interpersonal connections to build better and stronger communities,
- Awareness of diversity, and promotion of harmony and connectedness,
- Computer skills leave no one behind in the digital revolution,
- Personalised attention so that learners feel valued and are not lost in the system.